To work with me as a freelancer I can be reached via email@example.com
IT Infrastructure, Virtualization and Cloud Computing Subject Matter Expert
Multifaceted technical career with track record of innovation and success
Highly acclaimed, technically sophisticated architect with over 15 years of progressive experience providing advanced computer and network systems direction across multiple industries and sectors. Innovative thinker who has the rare ability to engineer, present and lead the implementation of solutions that eclipse the efforts of leading industry players, consolidating operations and processes for substantial cost savings and increased efficiency. Leverage interpersonal skill to translate proposed business initiatives into project deliverables. Manage multiple complex projects, coordinating with clients, vendors, and multi-level staff to consistently execute projects within budget and ahead of schedule.
PwC, Chicago, IL 2012 October – Present
Senior Consultant – CIO Advisory Service
Provide advisory services to senior level executives of Fortune 500 corporations on some of the most challenging IT business challenges including mergers and acquisitions, divestitures and changing technical and regulatory landscapes.
- Assist a Fortune 50 company align their data center operations strategy with their business roadmap
- Lead the remediation and re-design of patch management controls for a PCI client in such of regaining compliance
IS & GS Civil PL Chief Architect
Lockheed Martin, Lanham, MD
2010 – 2012
Architect, present and manage the implementation of enterprise infrastructures for federal civil service organizations that increase operational efficiency of the organization while maintaining an high level of security and operate within limited budget constraints.
- Central resource for coordinating efforts between Enterprise Engineers, Operations, Project Managers and Security to deliver projects that support the requirements of the various supported agencies
- Led the design team responsible for the design of a private cloud infrastructure for a 12,000 user civil organization built on VMware vSphere 4.1 and diverse server/SAN hardware platforms.
- Lead development of technical proposals including the estimating labor, hardware and recurring costs related to the implementation and sustainment of proposed solution.
- Compose technical whitepapers to support business development efforts. Recognized as core member of team to win $8 million dollar sole source e-Discovery proposal
- Conduct peer reviews of technical proposals for both new opportunities and existing on contract growth
- Lead the instruction of VMware and Cloud Computing courses to mid-level and senior level engineers responsible for operations, service delivery of data center transformation projects
- Develop disaster recovery solutions for technologies including SharePoint, Exchange and Files sharing
- Key contributor to Lockheed IS & GS Infrastructure as a Service Cloud Computing implementation team
- Managed the HUD Enterprise engineering virtualization lab based on vSphere 5.0 and Hyper-V
- Received Lockheed Martin Special Recognition Award 2011
IT Infrastructure Project Manager Consultant
Independent, Chicago, Illinois
2009 – 2010
Design, Implement and Analyze network infrastructure solutions for enterprises as well as provide risk assessment and disaster recovery solutions for complex convergent networks.
- Take over leadership of a “Red” project – Led the relocation and migration of 450 physical servers to a combination of Blade Servers and VMware vSphere 4.1
- Conduct data center and technology assessment for an ISP looking to expand their business to emerging markets within their Midwestern region
- Interface with C-Level executives to help develop “return to green “strategies and services
- Design and Implement Virtualized Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) based on Citrix XenDesktop 5 and Windows 7 for manufacturing wholesale holding company
Director of Network Services
Integral Systems, Chicago, Illinois
2008 – 2009
Direct computer and network services for Cloud SaaS environment. Manage backup and disaster recovery operations. Provide consultant and vendor oversight, as well as manage end-user training and support. Determine strategic direction for network services and user support
- Coordinated with network provider, vendors, and clients to jumpstart previously stalled mission critical Data Center operations to bring Cloud SaaS deliverable within SLA deadline
- Developed internal and external SLA’s for outsourced helpdesk services for internal and external customers
- Produced substantial cost and space savings by consolidating departmental servers and operations using VMware Infrastructure 3.5, including the reduction of an entire data center
- Created short term and long term strategy for Network and Infrastructure Services that supported the business goals for both internal and external customers
Manager of Network Operations
Energy Absorption Systems, Chicago, Illinois
Managed network infrastructure and end-user training and support services. Directed cross-functional team and multiple vendors in the installation and administration of servers, firewalls, switches, routers, associated systems and devices. Planned network budget and approved vendor payables.
- Spearheaded the deployment of an International MPLS-based centralized corporate network, producing savings of %15 annually, and laying the foundation for advanced technologies including PeopleSoft solutions and VoIP
- Praised by CEO, CFO, and IT Director for leading them “out of the stone age” through state-of-the-art technologies and process enhancements including the implementation of ERP for the China business unit
- Rendered network SOX-compliant within first 2 months of tenure, allaying management fears of unsatisfactory external audits
- Developed and implemented enterprise security policy to resolve standing issues related to SOX and HIPPA compliance audits
- Conduct trade analysis for the selection of enterprise services on cloud based infrastructure as a service solutions
Rreef management / DB Real Estate, Chicago, Illinois
Directed network operations for 110-site network composed of 35 Windows servers.
- Primary technical contact for internal Audit to both remediate and report on SOX compliance related network issues
- Designed and deployed an effective Citrix-based application virtualization for remote email solution
- Implemented VPN based network displacing legacy Frame Relay network, reducing overall costs by %20 while increasing overall bandwidth and reducing time to turnover residential and industrial real-estate transactions
Tribune Information Systems
Analyzed, designed, tested, and maintained network systems, and provided end-user training and support.
* * *
Education and Credentials
Bachelors Degree in Computing
DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
Masters of Science IT Project Management
DePaul University, Chicago, Illinois
Certified Cisco Network Associate CCNA
VMware Certified Professional vSphere 5 DataCenter Virtualization – VCP5